Thursday, April 11, 2019

Forever remembered...Вічная память!

Oksana Korzeniowski - Вічная память!  4/11/1945 - 3/29/2002
Remembering my sister Oksana Korzeniowski Rudakewych, beautiful both inside and out. The most caring person I've ever known. She would have been 74 years young today. Miss you sis!  Her obituary tells of how much she was respected by her peers and loved by all. 
She would have been so proud of her family, Alexis, Andrew and her fascinating grandchildren, Alexander (Ziggy) and Miles (Misho). Beautiful family, and the third generation to carry on the tradition of being Ukrainian in America, learning to speak the language, attending Ukrainian Catholic Church, and, of course, eating Ukrainian food. I spent a month with my niece and her family in the States earlier this year. We walked down memory lane paying tributes to my sister, Alya's mother, and recreating the dishes we remembered from our childhoods. I cooked some of my mom's favourites and Alexis cooked some of her mom's and her grandma's favourites. Long may the tradition last. 




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for that. I was thinking of what to put on my parents grave markers and this obituary showed up in my search. You sound very fortunate to have been sisters. Вічная память

    ReplyDelete