Thursday, March 17, 2022

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!


Well, the weather has been shite here as they say  until mid-day when it cleared up and the parades were held, finally, in sunshine. There is little progress in the vineyard as the temps have been cold. 

Our lives are complicated as I've been helping Ukrainian refugees coming to Ireland at the same time that my husband's mother is dying. Reconciling war and death are eating me up. It's hard to be positive about a vineyard in the interim. 

Meanwhile, Vitis Vanessa has woken up and is doing well in the polytunnel. As are the fruit trees - apple, peach and avocado. And Jenny the kiwi has started doing her thing. I've even started a peach and mango from seed and have bought a lemon and calamondin orange at Aldi. A bit of solace.

Now all I want is to be left alone to tend to my flock. 







No comments:

Post a Comment